Thursday, January 24, 2013

Artsy Stuff

I really haven't posted much concerning my art class( to much drama to take from that teacher) in the last few months so I've decided to start posting more from the class and to start it off here're some pieces I did last semester.
Inspired by “Conspiracy of Silence” By Agnes Cecile. I wanted her crying while looking borderline broken in the rain.

Heavily inspired by a piece called “Against Odds”. I really loved the whimsical aspect of it and it's an element I wanted to have in my piece, but with more bright & colorful.

  I approached this piece with something cinematic; to get the idea across I colored the top and bottom black to give it a widescreen appearance. Heavily inspired by the idea of grace from the movie “The Tree of Life”. I wanted the hand to look graceful because the mother(Jessica Chastain better win a damn Oscar) in the movie embodies grace.
         Influenced by a photo of actress, Golshifteh Farahani(HIGHLY attractive woman). Her expression was calm and poised and yet sad; what I wanted to do was capture that same essence of beauty and sadness.   

Also this semester in Art me and my other classmate are starting to work on the section of our portfolio called a Concentration(12 pieces focused on a certain theme) and I've taken the liberty to tackle visual interpretations of the album "Exodus" by Utada Hikaru(you must know by now how much I love this woman). It's going to be a very amusing project so I'll be posting all the work in progress drawings as the project progresses(Lets hope they come out great).

Hope You Enjoy

No comments: