Sunday, January 20, 2013

Influence Some Spark

How's it been everybody and welcome back to Highly Animated 2013( YAY!!!), and to start off the FIRST POST of the Year(Excluding the last two) I wanted to talk about INFLUENCES. For I awhile now I've had this overwhelming feeling that I've lost "MY STUFF". The stuff that inspired me to draw things that I wanted to draw not things that my pretentious art teacher wants me to draw or including pieces that colleges want to see in my portfolio; it feels like I'm drawing for everyone except the person I want to draw for( Can you guess who that is?). Just a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even remember how to draw something that I've drawn so many times; I swear my skills are just regressing.


     A way I thought could help me reconnect with all things inspirational to me was doing this little number called an "Influence Map"   
If you have a Deviant Art account than you already know what this is but for the little lads&lassies who don't this is a meme created by fox-orian and it's a great exercise to enlighten yourself about..well you. There are plenty of things that inspire me, but this is just a fraction of influences; so lets start down the list(in no particular order):
10.) Film Directors

Because there are many reasons why I love each of these people I'm going to do some posts completely dedicated to each artist and why I love them ( be expecting that soon).
Check out their art, tell me what you think and last but not least
Hope You Enjoy


No comments: