Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last Minute

Hey everybody, just so I don't go into a new month with just one post for September, i'm posting some stuff from my graphic design class I did last year. The assignment was to design a poster for a movie; any movie, so I did this movie called "The Tree of Life" written and directed by Terrence Malick. At the time I never saw the actual movie only the trailer and from reading all the reviews and comments, you either loved it or hated it, absolutely no grey area, which made me want to do this movie(Didn't see it till July and It was fantastic).

After watching the trailer, the initial impression I had was visually surreal. The camera work, the quality, the score, the effects, the cast; everything about this movie just seem liked It was going to win a damn Oscar(During the time I was working on this it was Oscar season and this movie didn't win)

So my approach to this was to make it visually appealing
I'm so proud of how this came out, just looking at it I thought the visual surreal quality was prevalent, but just to be on the safe side I did another design using Jessica Chastain, whose character represents grace


Now this design wasn't very good to me(more like an old photo), but it was almost there so with a few more tweaks I produced
This was the final design set for the overall poster( everyone seemed to like this design just abit more than the 1st one). 
                                                                                                                                                                Personally I think I did a great job, and I'm proud of what was produced; so as always
Hope You Enjoy

No comments: